Buying the right stroller for your child is an investment. Because there are so many brands on the market, that sometimes makes it harder to decide what is worth your money. That is why we asked a group of parents from a number of different locations to present five great stroller brands that ease your journey.
If you’re a caregiver and you have a child with special needs who is at the infant or toddler stage, a regular stroller may suit you for a number of years. As your child grows and gets older, though, mobility issues prove to be challenging, as there are fewer choices available to accommodate your needs. Keep an eye out on our website this month, as we offer you insight into the best special needs stroller brands out there.
If you want to get outside more this spring, read our guide to state parks and accessible beach boardwalks!
- All-terrain wheels offer full control
- Adjustable handlebar to adapt to the parent’s height
- Hand-operated parking brake
- Lift a strap and the City Mini GT folds itself: simply and compactly.
- Seat reclines to a near flat position with vents and a retractable weather cover
- UV 50+ sun canopy
- Becomes a travel system, choose the Car Seat Adapter that matches your car seat and snap it in
- Pram came also be added (Car Seat Adapter and Prams sold separately)
Why parents love it: “It can be used as a travel system with an attachment for a car seat or a pram. It folds easily and quickly. The canopy is high for taller kiddos.” -Sally, mother of two.
- Swiveling front wheel locks forward for increased stability
- Extremely maneuverable while jogging or in tough terrain
- Easy, two-step folding
- Lightweight frame for convenient transport and storage
- Adjustable suspension system provides smooth ride
- Accessory adapter allows for attachment of the Infant Car Seat Adapter
- Adjustable reclining seat for enhanced seating comfort
Why parents love it: “It’s smooth and easy to steer.” Taylor, mother of one.
- Completely customizable
- Base is infant-to-toddler
- Includes stroller chassis, bassinet, and stroller seat
- Reversible handlebar instantly puts the back twelve-inch wheels to the front to handle tough terrain
- Reversible seat with 360-degree turning radius
- eight-adjustable handle bar
- Large under seat storage basket
- Deluxe Aerosleep bassinet
Why parents love it: “It comes with a bassinet for when they are infants and the seat for when they are older, as well as a travel case. We’ve used it in snow, sand, and city, and it’s perfect!” mother of one, Brittany said.
- Both seats can be used rear-facing, forward facing, and reclined
- Includes detachable bassinet
- Lightweight frame
- Includes Performance Travel System for ultimate portability and safety
- Large easy-access basket
- Shock-absorbing front and rear suspension
- Folds in one-step
Why parents love it: “When I had my second baby I upgraded to the Vista model. It goes from single to double and an option to add a kickboard for your older tots. It’s tandem which I love! No stress trying to get through tight spaces and my car seat can snap right onto it which is great when I don’t want to wake a sleeping baby!” -Jisela, mother of two.
- User-friendly fold allows stroller to “close like a book”
- Travel system compatibility
- Wheels with ball bearings and suspensions allow for 360-degree agility
- One-piece handle allows for easy pushing with one hand
- Adjustable handlebar can be modified to fit parent’s height
- Large hood offers coverage and UVA protection
- Constructed with a Strong and lightweight aluminum chassis
Why parents love it: “The Peg Perego is unrivaled in lightweight transport and ease of use.” Kevin, father of one.