Ah, the holidays are upon us... and with that comes the stress of meal planning for large groups of people! When someone in the group has dietary restrictions, whether it is as a result of a diagnosis or otherwise, finding simple recipes that feed the masses (that everyone can enjoy) is sometimes difficult to come by. So here is a fall-inspired dish that is simple to make and delicious to try!
If you are on the ketogenic or paleo diet and the red potatoes do not suit your needs, you can easily replace that vegetable with another one like brussel sprouts, broccoli, and onions!
- Set aside a Dutch oven pot.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop all potatoes in quarters or brussel sprouts in halves. Mushrooms may be sliced or left whole. Place them in the pot.
- Slice lemons in half and squeeze over the pot to infuse flavor with the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with rosemary.
- Fill the pot with chicken or vegetable broth. (PRO TIP: Always make sure there is liquid at the bottom of the pot to keep the dish from burning dry).
- Place chicken legs into the pot.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked and vegetables are roasted.
- 4-8 pack of chicken legs
- A bag of red potatoes, 6-8 medium sized (substitute brussel sprouts, broccoli, and onions for this if need be)
- A pack of mushrooms, whole or sliced
- 1-2 lemons, sliced in half
- Rosemary sprigs
- 1 container of chicken broth (substitute vegetable broth for this if need be)
- Salt and pepper