Today, we give you pizza! Well, it's sort of like pizza, just without real dough. Instead, we have this really tasty toast that we made from cauliflower (yes, cauliflower). You mix ground oats, eggs, and turmeric (which is a GREAT anti-inflammatory ingredient; great for gut health) and you bake it until it turns into a more firm base.
Here's where things get really cool (and convenient). Since the cauliflower base spreads into a cooking sheet like you would spread dough on, you can cut it into sections and place different toppings on different parts of it. You can basically prep your breakfast, lunch, AND dinner in one cooking session.
Give it a try- whether you need to prep meals the evening before that you can take on-the-go the next day or you want to feed the masses for dinner, this is a healthy and simple recipe to try.
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes (or until somewhat firm, but not burnt)
Serving size: 4-6 people
- Cauliflower bread:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup of oats
- 4 eggs
- 4 tsp of turmeric
- Pizza toppings:
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 onion
- Bag of dairy-free cheese (optional)
- 1 small box of mushrooms
- Jar of pizza sauce
- Breakfast toast:
- 2 avocados
- 1 small box of cherry tomatoes
- Lime juice
- Paprika or chili powder (optional)
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the oats in a blender or food processor (whichever you have) and grind them until the oats are fine.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and place them in bunches to be blended (be careful not to put all the florets into the blender at once) until it turns into rice.
- Mix the oats and the cauliflower rice thoroughly into a mixing bowl.
- Crack four eggs and add them, along with the turmeric, into the mixing bowl with the oats and the rice.
- Use a glass or metal cooking sheet and spread (or spray) coconut oil at the base.
- Take the baking mix and spread it over the cooking sheet.
- Place cooking sheet with bread on it in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes (or until the toast is relatively firm, but not burnt).
- Meanwhile, dice the onion, peppers, and mushrooms up and sautée them in a cooking pan.
- Remove sheet from the oven and let the toast cool.
- Spread the pizza sauce and toppings on the toast and place them back in the oven to cook until the full pizza is collectively warm.
- For the Breakfast toast, mash up avocados and spread it on however much of the cauliflower toast you wish to. Add the tomatoes to it as well.