Attention all sweet-tooth lovers: We have a tasty, new recipe to share with you. If you're sensitive to gluten (or are even vegan) then this is the perfect recipe for you! The best part is, this chocolate banana bread dish is SUPER simple to prep and bake, and even better to enjoy! See all the instructions below.
Baking temperature: 350 degrees.
Bake time: 40-45 minutes.
Serving size: 8 people.
- 1 ¼ cups of gluten free flour (brands like Simple Truth or Bob's Red Mill work well)
- ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup of organic coconut oil (melt until liquid)
- 2 ripe bananas (need to be very soft to mix well other ingredients)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar (Bragg's brand is good)
- ⅜ cup of water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Add the bananas in a separate bowl and mash them with a fork. Add the melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, and water. Stir ingredients until they are thoroughly blended.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and stir them until they are combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking loaf pan (spray pan with coconut oil).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until batter has baked into a loaf.
- Let bread completely cool in the pan before slicing and serving.
- OPTIONAL: Add ½ cup of vegan chocolate chips to batter if desired.