As the end of the school year approaches, and the summer sun is breaking through the clouds, an excitement begins to build. Excitement from your kids that they are almost out of school for the summer. Excitement from their teachers that they have successfully molded a group of youngsters. Excitement from parents that their child accomplished an entire school year of learning, growing and developing.
Teachers devote so much of their time to their students. From school hours to after hours, a teacher’s job is more than a full-time gig. They care about each child that steps into their classroom, and their goal is to impact their life positively. To say thank you, it’s always nice to have your child give their teacher an end of the year gift.
The days of giving teachers apples are over. There are so many different types of gifts you can give that shows your appreciation for the hard work teachers do. From group gifts to personalized gifts, and other thoughtful ideas, we are excited to share the best gift ideas with you.
Single Gifts from Your Child:
- Gift cards are a favorite amongst teachers. Here are the most popular places that teachers recommend gifting from Target, Amazon, Whole Foods, Office Depot, Chipotle, and Starbucks. If you know your child’s teacher well, you could also get them a gift certificate to their favorite restaurant, hair salon, or nail salon. Showing them that you know what they like will make them feel special.
- Monogrammed items like a beach towel, tote, coffee mug or tumbler.
- A Summer Basket that includes a beach towel, sunscreen, a magazine, sunglasses, and flip-flops. Here’s an example.
- Tickets to something that the teacher would like, for example, a play, a baseball game or the county fair.
- Handwritten card from your child that is meaningful and from the heart.
- Hand-made classroom decoration, like a wreath or sign. Here’s an example.
- Personalized stationery, like these that you can purchase it at The Stationery Studio.
Group Gifts from the Entire Classroom:
- A large card from all students with their favorite lines or quotes that their teacher said over the school year. This gift can be both funny and serious but is very thoughtful.
- A notebook from the class with a note on the top of each page by each student about how their teacher changed them or something meaningful they learned- something from the heart. Here are some cute options you can purchase on Amazon:
- “Teacher Wreath” from the whole class with gift cards ranging from $5-$20 hanging around it. Here’s an example.
- Gift card for a nice massage at a local spa.