Lemon Garlic Baby Kale Salad
We're excited to share this new recipe by Chef Chad Luethje from Red Mountain Resort in Utah!
- 1/4 Cup of Tri-Colored Quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1/4 Cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 lemons, using a microplane zester
- 2 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp of fresh chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 Cups of baby kale
- Dried tart cherries
- Combine the lemon juice and garlic into a blender and blend medium speed until everything is mixed.
- Turn the blender on high and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until smooth and thick. Ideally, this dressing will be very lemony and garlicky. Adjust flavors to your taste using additional lemon juice and/or garlic.
- Place the kale in a large bowl and toss it with the dressing, coating well.
- Use a microplane zester to zest one or two lemons into the bowl; add in cooked quinoa, crushed red pepper and dried tart cherries. Toss well.
- Divide the salad into 4 bowls, and top each serving with a little freshly zested lemon (use a microplane zester for best results) and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
NOTE: Black kale (also known as Lacinato kale, dinosaur kale, or Tuscan cabbage) may be substituted for the baby kale. If this kale is used, the salad will need to sit for about 45 minutes prior to serving so that the kale softens up.
Check out Chef Chad's puree soup recipe here!
- Chef Chad Luethje of Red Mountain Resort, Springible Contributor